X-Caliber 8 is a cross-country mountain bike made for fast laps and long days on the trail. It's built with special attention to value and the parts that make the biggest difference in performance. A 1x SRAM drivetrain, RockShox fork, and hydraulic disc brakes make it a great choice for new mountain bikers and XC racers searching for fast, fun, singletrack adventure.
You're looking for a fast mountain bike for singletrack ? one that's fully capable of taking on races, marathons and competitive group rides. You want something that is reliable and fun with dependable, lightweight parts.
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, a RockShox 30 Silver 100 mm suspension fork with a lockout and an air spring that's lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring, tubeless-ready wheels with Boost141 hub spacing and a smooth, efficient SRAM SX Eagle 1x12 drive train with a wide-range cassette.
With X-Caliber 8, you're getting a performance frame paired with performance parts, like a RockShox air fork and 1x SRAM Eagle drivetrain. Plus, it's equipped with durable, lightweight alloy rims that save weight and are easy to upgrade to tubeless.
- It has the price of a more basic hardtail, but the parts and performance of a more expensive one
- The RockShox air fork has a rebound adjust and can be tuned to the rider?s weight, and it?s way higher quality than what you?d normally get on an MTB at this price
- The frame is fully compatible with higher-end parts, like race wheels and a dropper post, if you ever find the need to upgrade
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29? wheels on larger frames, 27.5? wheels on smaller frames)
- The 1x drive train delivers a wide range of gearing with the simplicity of a single shifter
Built for speed
X-Caliber is a classic XC hardtail with quick-handling geometry, weight-conscious parts and just enough suspension to take the edge off bumps. These models are built for efficiency, making them great for racers or anyone else who wants to cover more ground in less time.
High tech frame
The Alpha Gold Aluminuum frame is packed with features that make your ride better. A tapered head tube gives you more precise, confident handling on the front end, while Boost 141 rear hub spacing gives you shorter chainstays for more nimble handling at the back.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft, accidental damage and public liability, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!