The Rail 9.8 is a long-travel carbon e-MTB that rips like our beefiest trail rigs and powers you right back up the mountain. You get upgraded everything, including the frame for maximum fun on the gnarliest runs. You also get Bosch's latest tech with the smart system Performance Line CX that has a longer-range 750 Wh battery and cool features that take your ride to the next level like activity tracking, navigation and Bluetooth connectivity. The new System Controller sits almost flush for a sleek look and Mini Remote is discreet and intuitive.
You're looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB with high-performance parts and a lot of battery power. You crave the responsiveness of carbon, the stability of a longer reach, the plush feel of high-end suspension and want the very latest from Bosch.
An upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750 Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB Select+ fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock with a Shimano XT 1x12 drivetrain. You get the latest from Bosch with smart system Performance Line CX, including the new Mini Remote and Bluetooth® System Controller display that's integrated into the top tube.
This bike features across-the-board upgrades that make it a serious ripper - especially the suspension package. It's built for hammering gnarly descents, then flying right back up again thanks to the powerful Bosch motor, 750 Wh battery and parts that can keep up with all that rowdy riding.
- The Carbon Rail Gen 4 has the same enduro-inspired geometry and huge battery as the previous generation, but now it has a pocket in the top tube that makes Gen 4 compatible with Bosch's integrated System Controller and Mini Remote
- The System Controller shows your currently-selected assist level and remaining battery level. It's neatly integrated into the top tube for maximum protection and a sleek look.
- Bosch's smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new discrete Mini Remote that's streamlined with just the controls you need at your fingertips to toggle through assist levels or change to walk mode
- Intelligent eMTB and eMTB Lite modes adjust the assist automatically based on your input to give you just the right amount of power for your ride
- The new frame is extra stout with a 34.9 mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts, and an oversized head tube that works with burly e-MTB-optimised forks for less flex and more precise steering
Bosch Performance Line CX motor
The Bosch Performance Line CX sets the standard for eMTB performance with up to 85 Nm of torque and an intelligent eMTB mode with Extended Boost that automatically adjusts the amount of assist based on the terrain.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It's the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Bosch Mini Remote
The compact, ergonomic Mini Remote lets you easily change assist level, activate Walk mode, or turn on optional lights, all without moving your hand off the handlebar. Plus, it's wireless and connects with your System Controller via Bluetooth
Bosch System Controller
The System Controller gives you a quick overview of your assist mode and battery level without distracting you from the ride. It's integrated into the top tube so it's out of the way but still easy to see with LED indicators. It also connects to the eBike Flow app via Bluetooth for accessing ride stats and performing system updates.
Active Braking Pivot
Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.
Bosch eBike Flow app
The new eBike Flow app turns your ride into a personalised experience. Use it to customise your motor's assist behaviour, track your ride stats and integrate your data with apps like Strava and Apple Health. There's even handy features like navigation and service reminders.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft and accidental damage, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!