Rail 9.7 is a long-travel carbon electric mountain bike that gets you to the fun stuff faster. It?s feels and rides just like our rowdiest trail bikes, and it's built with the same trail-specific tech. The difference is that the powerful new Bosch drive system zips up climbs so you can spend less time grinding and more time getting rad.
You?re looking for a super capable long-travel e-MTB that?s built to conquer techy runs and big drops just as cleanly as analogue trail bikes. You want the light weight and responsive ride of an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame.
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a 160 mm RockShox Yari RC fork, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe Select+ shock, a Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Kiox controller. A 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drive train, Bontrager Line dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for confident descents and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
Rail 9.7 hits the sweet spot of carbon performance and amazing value. It?s spec'd with quality trail-specific parts and a powerful Bosch drive system so you can send it through the rough stuff and motor right back up for another run.
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you?re pedalling, and has less drag when you?re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain ? no shuttle or lift necessary
- The full-colour Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It?s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It?s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Custom eMTB Lite mode
Trek eMTBs feature a custom eMTB Lite mode in place of Tour mode. It gives you more natural-feeling power delivery and longer battery life.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It?s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Active Braking Pivot
Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.
OCLV Mountain Carbon
Trek's mountain-specific carbon fibre is tougher carbon, with unique materials and lay-up procedures, Trek's advanced engineering, and a higher standard of testing.
Knock Block has your frame's back when things go wrong. It prevents your handlebars from spinning all the way around in a crash, so your hoses won't get yanked and your controls won't hit the top tube.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft, accidental damage and public liability, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!