Powerfly 5 is a highly capable electric mountain bike for a great value. It pairs a high-end Bosch e-MTB drive system with durable mountain bike components built to stand up to the trail. Plus, it features our user-friendly Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system that fully encases the battery in the frame, yet doesn't require tools for removal. This bike is versatile, capable and ready for adventure.
You've seen the e-bike light and want to expand your boundaries. Like us, you believe that nothing should stand between you and your next great ride, including big climbs, headwinds and rugged trails you wouldn't otherwise be able to explore.
A lightweight and durable aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a Bosch Performance CX (250 W, 85 Nm) motor that assists up to 25 km/h and an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller. A RockShox Recon RL fork with 120 mm (XS: 80 mm) of travel and a SRAM 1x12 drive train. Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 tubeless-ready wheels.
With Powerfly 5, you get parts upgrades that make a big difference riding off-road, like an air-spring fork that's smooth and adjustable for your own weight, plus more powerful 4-piston brakes and wheels that make it easy to ditch the tubes for better traction and flat protection.
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you?re pedalling, and has less drag when you?re not
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- The SRAM Eagle drive train gives you a lot of gears and a wider gear range, so you can always find the right cadence for getting the most out of the motor
- You can boost your Powerfly?s utility by adding a rack and mudguards, plus built-in wiring lets you easily install lights powered by the motor
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don?t have the same issues with standover height.
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It?s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It?s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It?s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft, accidental damage and public liability, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!