The Rail 9.8 GX AXS is a long-travel carbon e-MTB that rips like our beefiest trail rigs and powers you right back up the mountain. You get upgraded everything, including the frame for maximum fun on the gnarliest runs. Bosch's latest tech with the new smart system Performance Line CX that has a longer-range 750 Wh battery and cool features that take your ride to the next level like activity tracking, navigation and Bluetooth connectivity.
You're looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB with wireless electronic shifting and a lot of battery power. You want the stability of a longer reach, the plush feel of high-end suspension and the very latest e-bike tech with the new Bosch smart system.
An upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750 Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB Select+ fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock. You get SRAM GX AXS wireless electronic shifting and the latest from Bosch with smart system Performance Line CX, including the new Bluetooth® LED remote for easy connectivity and all-in-one navigation and activity tracking through the eBike Flow app.
This bike features across-the-board upgrades that make it a serious ripper - especially the AXS drivetrain. It's built for hammering gnarly descents, then flying right back up again thanks to the powerful Bosch motor, 750 Wh battery and parts that can keep up with all that rowdy riding.
- Bosch's new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new Bluetooth-connected LED remote and eBike Flow app that puts even more control and customisation at your fingertips
- The full-colour Kiox display shows ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The new frame is extra stout, with a 34.9 mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts, and an oversized head tube that works with burly eMTB-optimised forks for less flex and more precise steering
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
Bosch smart system
The new Bosch smart system gives you an eMTB that's more connected than ever. The new LED remote connects with the new Bosch eBike Flow app via Bluetooth. You get tons of useful features at your fingertips, and over-the-air system upgrades.
Bosch eBike Flow app
The new eBike Flow app turns your ride into a personalised experience. Use it to customise your motor's assist behaviour, track your ride stats and integrate your data with apps like Strava and Apple Health. There's even handy features like navigation and service reminders.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It's the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
RockShox Super Deluxe with Thru Shaft
With the all-new RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft, you get the most refined shock on the market, with an updated air spring and an exclusive Thru Shaft damper that gives you tenacious grip, plush control and the support you need for ripping rough descents all day.
What is the range?
To see how far you can ride your electric mountain bike on a single charge, check out Bosch's range calculator. We've auto-filled the variables for this bike model and the average rider, but you can make adjustments to get your most accurate estimate.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft and accidental damage, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!