520 is a steel touring bike made for the open road. It's the longest-running model in our line-up, and it's built to carry you and your gear on your longest journeys. Rack and mudguard mounts, a wide range of gearing for climbing and a stable touring geometry make it the perfect choice for loaded multi-day trips and comfortable all-day adventures.
You measure the success of a ride in the number of beautiful views, and when you're not riding, you're likely to be found planning your next escape. You hear the call of the open road and want a stable touring bike that's just as capable of carrying a heavy load on multi-day trips as it is on everyday rides.
A road-smoothing chromoly steel frame, alloy disc touring fork with a ThruSkew captured quick release skewer, wide-range 27-speed drive train that's great for hauling a heavy load up hills, Shimano Sora brake/shift levers, Bontrager tubeless-ready wheels, puncture-resistant tyres with reflective sidewalls, included front and rear racks, and all-weather mechanical disc brakes.
520 is a comfortable steel workhorse that's capable of everything from daily rides to expedition tours. It's ready for adventure straight out of the box, with an included front and rear rack and a drive train that's ideal for hauling a heavy load.
- 520 is built to hold up, and it's super reliable over the long haul - you'll leave this bike to someone in your will
- ThruSkew ensures that the front wheel will never drop out unintentionally, and makes it easier to remove your wheel without removing all of your front cargo
- There's no better way to see the world than from the saddle, and this is the bike that answers your wanderlust
- All-weather disc brakes and puncture-resistant tyres give you the confidence to take on bigger adventures in any conditions
- It's the longest-running model in our line-up, and we've kept it around so long because it's one of the best-loved too
We've spent more than three decades perfecting the 520 geometry to suit the heavy loads and high miles of multi-day touring.
Bomb-proof butted Platinum Series frame with a steel-smooth ride.
Upgrade your pedals and love your bike more
Pedals are two of the five touchpoints that connect you with your bike, and even though this bike comes with a pair, upgrading to pedals that boost control and grip will greatly improve your ride. See the pedal guide and find the best pedals for your riding style. We recommend flat pedals for simple versatility.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft and accidental damage, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!